Possible to change the shortcut keys for default search engines?

• Under Settings/Search/Manage Search Engines, I would like to be able to change the shortcut keys for default search engines. In particular, I would like to change the shortcut for Amazon from 'z' to 'a'. Is this possible?

Phillip M. Feldman

• What Opera?

• If its old(presto) opera go to settings-preferences-search and edit it there

• Try...

Preferences > Search > Manage Search Engines... > Add New Search.
    From there add Amazon and choose "a" (without quotes) for the Keyword, and put in the URL for Amazon search.

Or even easier... ;=)

Go to the Amazon.com website, right-click in the search box and choose Create Search Engine...

• Opera 25 does permit one to add new search engines, but a search engine that is added by the user cannot be made the default and cannot use the same shortcut letter as any of the built-in search engines. Needless to say, the built-in search engines cannot be removed. In my opinion, Opera 25 is too controlling. I'd like to have a bit more freedom.

• Saying they cannot be removed is a little strong. They can be removed but its currently not a user friendly operation. The default search engines are stored in a file. Edit the file to change or remove them. Its not an easy operation though, as I mentioned. Changes are coming though. Its been stated that that is not the final version of the search options.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.