Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

Hello, in order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we have to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button in the upper-right corner of the page.
This is a one-time action. Sorry for any inconvenience!

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED - custom message

• I Use entries in my host files to block certain websites. Perhaps a bit old fashioned I know. I prefer this route as opposed to adblock extensions. When a website attempts to load iframes with url in my black list; an error is generated in the console log "Failed to load resource: ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED" and if you inspect the element of the iframe on the page you are viewing; you can see the code opera has added in response to the unreachable iframe url. It basically creates that error message. "The website is unavailable etc... " I would like any suggestions as to a hack to make this message unseen. When a page spawn five iframes to sites i find untasteful I see the need to block them. But the messages themselves are just about as detracting from the content of the page. And I am aware of proxy programs about a decade old that used to serves this function before widespread extension use. This is something that should be implemented in the browser. I don't want a third party program adding overhead and scanning or rebuilding html. Perhaps Somehow adding a CSS value 'Display : none' in the stings file mentioned in the <script> comments of the Opera inserted html to the defunct iframe.

It could be a browser feature allowing a user to select an image or css background to be displayed. The Best solution would be a tasteful place holder instead of the iframe content letting me know it was something I blocked. The second best is nothing at all. Display : none.

Any suggestions guys / tweaks?