fatal error 1066

• Running Opera 12.15. Getting this message now for 2 days. Recently did a windows update.

Any ideas how to fix this or what's going on?

• Seems to be a problem with check of SSSL certificates.

Open
    opera:config#SecurityPrefs|OCSPValidateCertificates
    untick the checbox
    hit save button.
    Restart Opera.

• Tell more about your Windows and that update, if you please?
    If you rather UPGRADED your OS, note that your old downloaded Opera must've matched those, previous OS requirements – but may not do for the new system. Just saying...

• angiesdom

Any security concerns with that?

joshl

Just an update to Vista, not an change to a new OS

• Any browser requirements (built/version - IDK) do most probably change respecting any OS's version. Am I right?
    Check the requirements. If it's not the case - just to rule that out.

• joshl

Opera was running fine until the updates. It may not be related, but the timing of this new problem makes me wonder.

• Back up your private data and take a fresh install for Vista.
    I guess you might need to make sure the installer finds the old one in the usual way - to overwrite (or maybe not - if Presto adopts any settings&co from the wherever existing non-standalone; I was just struck that you might be better off with installing into another directory - in order to clean the old "crap" afterwards).

• angiesdom
    Any security concerns with that?

Yes, certificates can not be checked for beeing expired/revoked/invalided. This is a risk.

Update to a newer OS/Servicepack or live with this deactivated security feature in Opera.

• Well my (now unsupported) Windows XP is still checking for certificates, so Vista should certainly be doing so!
    :)

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.