:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

'24' Cache Question

• In earlier times browsers acted up if their Cache got full [too full?]. Used to regularly empty 'em. One of the Little Sweetness's of 12.17 was to turn OFF caching; caching seems unnecessary in these days of BroadBand Cable Internet anyway. Is there any information about what happens in a Chromium based browser ['24'] if you just let the cache fill and fill? Wouldn't be hard to [again] regularly empty it, but maybe now not to worry?

Any guess about how often '24' MAY have updates? I see it checking everytime I open and look at "About Opera"... Probably like asking 'how long is a piece of string'.

Otherwise We are doing great with '24' and wish others as much....

Giz

• OK...I guess it is just as easy to Clear Browsing Data each month, Wednesday after 'Patch Tuesday'....

Giz

• I use CCleaner about once a month. It seems to do the trick. :coffee:

• Thanks for the tip Leu'....Think I'll just use '24's Empty Cache after Patch Tuesday each month. I've never installed anything like CCleaner; nothing EVER [yet] has passed through my browser into The Main Computer...

Ciao, Giz

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.