Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

  • built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

What Webmail provider for Opera browser?

  • Vivaldi offers some sort of community. I tried signing up, but it keeps asking for an email address. Since it will not allow anything @vivaldi.net but literally @anything else I deduced that you need some other email account. So anything other webmail service that works well with Opera?

  • Originally posted by stimmedesra:

    Vivaldi offers some sort of community. I tried signing up, but it keeps asking for an email address. Since it will not allow anything @vivaldi.net but literally @anything else I deduced that you need some other email account. So anything other webmail service that works well with Opera?

    You need to add a e-mail adr where you are sent a activation code.
    When you create an account the username will be the e-mail alias 🙂

  • It's a conundrum though — if you don't have an email account, how do you sign up for your first one?

  • Originally posted by Pesala:

    It's a conundrum though — if you don't have an email account, how do you sign up for your first one?

    My thought exactly, it's a logic fail. Also if you already have you first email, why do you need a second one? 😛

  • Originally posted by winterwolf:

    Also if you already have you first email, why do you need a second one? 😛

    Because your first email address is @ Gmail or Hotmail?

  • Traditionally, many folks have had an eMail address through their Internet provider. Others simply set up an eMail address at Hotmail or Gmail, if only to thereby have a home-eMail-address just for other activations like Vivaldi. Then you just continue using Vivaldi or whatever for your general eMails.

  • Originally posted by Pesala:

    Originally posted by winterwolf:

    Also if you already have you first email, why do you need a second one? 😛

    Because your first email address is @ Gmail or Hotmail?

    I know but if you already have your first email, why don't the person just continue using that first email.

    BTW, I'm with Yahoo Mail 😛 , I don't like Hotmail or Gmail.

    Beside, Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo Mail all offer free POP3/SMTP so they ca fully work with Opera (up to 12.16).

  • Originally posted by winterwolf:

    (...) Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo Mail all offer free POP3/SMTP (...)

    Not in all countries.

  • Well, OP is looking for webmail, so POP3/IMAP/SMTP doesn't matter. What does matter is the site either doesn't use frames or is designed to restore the frameset when you open a frame in a new tab. Unfortunatly I cannot help more since I avoid webmail (or any web apps for that matter) as possible.

  • Originally posted by winterwolf:

    ... if you already have your first email, why don't the person just continue using that first email. ...

    Because that "first" eMail provider may not provide what the user actually needs for his general usage. Nevertheless, it can provide the user a starting point which allows him to set up another eMail provider that does provide what he needs thereafter. Many eMail services demand a confirmation e-address to start up their services, so a first-time user needs to start with a service that doesn't demand that (though they may want an address, phone number or cell number for confirmation).

Log in to reply