:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Opera mobile battery drain

• Hi,

I've been using the Opera mobile browser a few years now (Opera mobile classic, version 12.10) and have recently made the change to the new opera mobile (version 22).
    I like the new version a lot more. It's very mooth compared to the classic version.
    Unfortunately, the new Opera seems to be draining my battery.
    I did a test and used both versions for 15 minutes. when looking at my battery usage, Opera mobile classic used 11% and the new Opera used 59%.
    My phone is a HTC One X with android 4.2.2 stock rom (not rooted).

Is this a known issue and does anyone know what might be causing this drain?

thanks,

Artuur

• ive been having same issue too. i use cm.battery doctor, it seems to be monitoring my battery's consumption. though i had to un install live radio app as it hogs considerably large amounts of power from.battery. too much apps cause drain in battery. downloading videos too

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.