Open pdf in Opera workaround

• I have Opera 22 installed as a portable version on a USB key, running on a MAC that is a work computer (not my personal computer). I was not able to open pdf files in Opera when the "Adobe Acrobat NPAPI Plug-in, Version 10.1.3" was enabled. However if I disable the plugin, I am given the option to download the pdf. Once downloaded, I am able to open the pdf with Adobe Reader installed on the work computer.

Not sure if I can install a different plugin that would work, but at least the method of disabling the NPAPI plugin is a workaround to open pdf's from a website.

FYI: Type opera:plugins in the address bar of Opera to see your installed plugins, and to disable or enable them.

• You could also install this extension, probably.

• I'll give it a try when I get more bandwidth available to download at another location.

FTR, here is the english link to the above: https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/pdf-viewer/?display=en

• Hello. This is the future calling to say things will “just work” when you guys catch up with us. Opera 25 (available today “Opera Developer”) has a built-in experimental PDF viewer. Enable it by visiting opera://flags/#bundled-pdf-plugin

:)

• add setion in "Preferences" file (\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable)

find:
    "devtools":{.... }

add after:

,"download":{"directory_upgrade":true,"extensions_to_open":"pdf","prompt_for_download":true},

и так можно с любыми типами файлов.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.