Youtube videos not working in Opera
stevejones last edited by
I've been using Opera desktop for years and have never had any problems before. Just before two or three weeks, my problem started as any video in youtube site won't load. It starts showing AD first for whole one minute without showing any opportunities to cancel the AD & after finishing the AD, the original youtube video will not started, but instead another AD will started for another one minute & so on. Even if you wait for 10 minutes the original youtube video will not started. This problem also happened with the use of DuckDuckGo extension browser. The same youtube videos loaded normally when I use different browser like Firefox, Chrome & Microsoft Edge.
Any help please
rastanz last edited by
@stevejones Be better off sticking with your other browsers, Opera has been doing the same to me since the start of the year 2020 and gets worse with every new update... Funny thing is YouTube plays just fine with other browsers with exactly the same extensions and plugins installed.
There is no fix for it period unless you disable things that use to work with older versions, This browser has now turned to shit.
CoolKateylee last edited by
On the browser side, the solutions are quite similar to solve YouTube video not working problems on Chrome or Firefox like YouTube black screen, YouTube not responding, YouTube down, etc. To solve the error in Opera, you can refer to the following ways:
1. Make sure your network is working, and strong enough.
2. Disable hardware acceleration.
- Click on the Opera logo and select Settings
- Scroll down all the way to Advanced and click on this option
- Then, scroll down to System and toggle off the option Use hardware acceleration when available
3. Disable the extensions and Opera’s built-in VPN
4. Delete cache and cookies
- Click on the Opera logo in the upper left-hand corner and select History
- Click on Clear browsing data
- Select the time range and check all the three options to clear the browsing history, cookies, and other site data, as well as cached images and files
- Hit the Clear data button, close and restart Opera and check if you can now play the video that initially gave that media error.
5. Reset browser settings or reinstall Opera
- Click on the Opera logo and then select Settings → Advanced
- Scroll all the way to the buttom of the page and click on Reset settings
- Click on Restore settings to their original defaults and hit the Reset button.
OMGGaming last edited by OMGGaming
Also people from the future are there time machines yet? If there are meet me at 2892 sfewkj road Hfkio, Ohio. Thanks.
StevenJames123 last edited by StevenJames123
dude I have to same issue
the dude at opera said its because i dont have the correct codecs
Opera just dosent want to admit
its a browser issue
I can see why
Opera NL Netherlands
dont want to be at fault
so they saying its our problem
marsss last edited by This post is deleted!
Noobie19 last edited by
For me disabling this worked.!
OMGGaming last edited by This post is deleted!
oddssatisfy last edited by