Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Modify mouse gestures

• Is there an option to modify mouse gestures? I see Opera uses the mousedown gesture to open a new tab, but I'm used to using the mouseright gesture I have set up in Firefox.

If not, could the ability to modify mouse gestures be added?

• There isn't any possibility to do that anymore (since Opera 12.x I mean).

I agree with you, this is very sad, and a lot of users (like you and me) would like to see such a feature back.
    The "customizable mouse gesture" is something regularly asked on the forums, here is an exemple of a thread opened just a few days ago: http://forums.opera.com/topic/3743/add-tab-switching-gesture

I would really like the devs to reconsider their position about including this "too geeky" (so they say) feature.
    There are so many shortcuts/mouse gestures/rocker gestures which can be much more easy / practical / productive than the originally included ones in Opera15+ !

• Rocker gestures (mouse flips ?) are available in the latest version of Opera, enabled via 'O Menu / Settings / Browser'. They are not customisable, but they are there.

• You're right 😉
    But I never said they were not there... Maybe it wasn't very clear: what I wanted to mean is that they are not customizable. (like the other mouse gestures we were speaking about)