Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Opera Next 24 tends to crash

• After the most recent update a few days ago, I noticed that Opera Next 24.0.1558.25 on my Windows 8.1 test PC tends to crash and re-start when loading some web pages.

Opera Stable and Opera Developer do not have this problem.

Has anyone else noticed instability when using Opera Next 24?

Thanks.

• Any pages in particular ?.

• There is not particular page that will always trigger a crash.
    However, I noticed Opera Next 24 tends crash when I load a bunch of pages in background tabs in quick succession.

For example, when browsing a new web site if I see three or four interesting articles I would normally middle-click their links in quick succession to load them in background tabs. When doing this type of operations in Opera Next 24, there is a 30% to 70% chance of browser crashing depending on the web site. Oh, one site that comes to mind is Steam's store web site.

• I have the same problem, this happens regularly with pages with flash player connector version 14.0.0.145

• Opera Next 24 would still crash often even if I have all plugins (including Flash) disabled by default.

I have "opera://plugins/" bookmarked on the bookmark bar so i can disable or enable plugins quickly.
    Normally I have all plugins disabled by default.

• I also noticed the latest Opera Developer 25 also tends to crash just like Opera Next 24.
    I hope whatever is making these beta browsers crashing will be fixed before they are released as Opera Stable..

Do Opera developers read message in this forum?
    I have feeling out complaints are going nowhere...

• I gotta say I feel the latest version of Opera Next 24 is behaving very weird. It feels slower now, and the animated sliding moves (for instance, opening a folder in the Speed Dial) aren't soft anymore, as if I didn't have a powerful PC (and I do).

I hope Opera developers read this forum so they become aware of the problems before they launch it as a stable release.