Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Can't load Adobe Flash

• Hi. I have
    Opera 22.0

Version information

Version: 22.0.1471.70 - Opera is up to date
    Update stream: Stable
    System: Windows XP 32-bit

Its been running nicely for some time now. Just recently a site I visit daily said I needed to update Adobe Flash. It had a link, which I didn't use. I went to Adobe's site and downloaded Flash. I then followed the instructions:
    To proceed, open your download folder and locate the Adobe Flash Player Installer file, named like "install_flashplayer[xxx].exe”.
    Double-click on the installer to complete the installation. For additional help, click here.

The installer downloads for 30 - 40 seconds and then brings up the message "Failed to launch application" All I can do then is click 'finish' which closes the window. I have made several attempts on many occasions but always get the same result.
    I read somewhere that I may need to delete the old flash, so that is gone but I still can't load the new one. :(.
    Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
    Rosco.

• If you downloaded a Flash installer file and it won't install, I can't see how that's anything to do with Opera!
    Go here -
    http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html
    Download the full installer which should work offline, and see if that will install.
    You need the plugin version for Opera and the ActiveX version for IE.
    🙂

• Wow!!! That was a different downloader to the one I have found a dozen times. It worked first shot. Thank you very much for the link Dave.
    I realised it wasn't actually an Opera issue but couldn't find any helpful help from Adobe.

Thanks again
    Rosco