Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

[b1555] GUI changes activate only trough switching between windows/fullscreen mode

• The new build has a strange behaviour especially on my Windows7. If I execute any change on GUI (new tab, close tab, writing in address field, appearance of extension buttons), Opera seems to freeze. But if I switch from or to between windows and fullscreen mode, the change will be activated. Within the page works all correctly. Has anybody this symptom?

On XP I couldn't reproduce this behaviour. I don't know if this depends on OS, or on any other environment element. The previous versions [1543 and below] haven't this problem.

• Same problem here. The GUI is completely BROKEN, It's impossible to use (or at least test) the browser in this condition...

• Thanks for reply, joegd21! By what OS have you the problem?

I think, it can be a general problem, and affects many users. I don't understand, why isn't this problem as an issue, and why don't Opera team patch it. I'm glad, that any other one can produce the problem. (b1558 still has the problem, too)

• I really don't know why they haven't patched it yet (although they have released an update since this started happening). It looks like very few people is having this problem. I say that, because everybody is commenting positively about the last builds of Opera Developer (nothing about this). That might explain why this is not a known-issue. I'll try to report it... I'm running Windows 7 SP1, 32-bit.

• The newest build [b1558.17] patched the problem! Thanks! 1

• Glad to read that! 🙂

• I continue with this problem present. I've installed the latest build available (24.0.1558.21) and the GUI is freeze every time I switch a tab.

• This settings may help (untested!):

opera://flags/#extended-lazy-session-loading Deactivated
    opera://flags/#tab-hibernation Activated

Perhaps its a problem with hardware acceleration of graphic card in Opera 24.