Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Web notifications

• Could you exchange those custom notifications about starred discussions in the lower left with standard web notifications now that Opera is implementing support as well? 🙂
    It's especially vital for Win 8 users where Opera is using the build-in notification system.

• I've read your post before. What does it have to do with this?
    You just wanted the ones that are in now to be instant, didn't you?

• What does it have to do with this?

Could you exchange those custom notifications about starred discussions in the lower left with standard web notifications..?
    From the OP, I can't see a point for a separate thread - it could easily go there, being directly related to those "instant notifications".
    I don't mind more threads, but in this case it seems a bit redundant, isn't it?

• Yours is a bug, mine is a feature request that may rid the bug.
    I started a new thread because I didn't want to hijack yours.
    These two are completely separate issues for everybody who does not use Win 8.

• Yours is a bug...
    Mine is a thread.
    I prefer starting general topics - and that's one of those:)
    I started a new thread because I didn't want to hijack yours.
    Since that thread is general, you wouldn't🆗

• You just wanted the ones that are in now to be instant, didn't you?

Here you're right, though, as I said, not just.
    Wherever you weren't exactly right, now I see the point of distinguishing it from that topic. That topic considers all about [the] instant notifications - primarily as they are now in principle. Yours - does not consider those, but instead suggests to introduce something different in place, leaving those we have now behind and aside the talking. Right?
    Would you expand?