Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

opera doesn't connect

• So, i was trying to use "psiphone 3" VPN in an attempt to change my IP to avoid MEGA's downlad limit, it failed, so i disconnected it, uninstalled it and then i opened opera to watch some youtube videos, but when i opened it i was greeted with this message.
    opera.JPG
    I tried to properly disconnect the VPN, went to my proxy configurations and dissable it but nothing has happened, strangely, when i open the VPN again it works normally, i tried reinstalling opera and using opera GX but nothing works and when i use CHrome it just works normally, any help?

• So, in your "Local Area Network (LAN) Settings" in Windows (LAN Settings button on Connections tab in Internet Options), you have "Automatically detect settings" unchecked and "Use a proxy server" unchecked, but Opera still can't connect unless the psiphone 3 VPN is turned on?

Did you try fully uninstalling the VPN and restarting Windows?

If that doesn't help, try this (not that you should have to, but test):

In Opera, goto the URL opera://about and take note of the "install" path. Then, close Opera.

Open up a Windows command prompt and:

cd "that path"

Then, run this command:

launcher --no-proxy-server

Does Opera work then?

If so, maybe check the properties of Opera's shortcut to see if the command to launcher.exe has been modified. Try launching launcher.exe directly by double-left-clicking on it.

• @burnout426 Everything is unchecked, just as you said, but the thing is that i can't uninstall the VPN because it's portable.
    I tried the solutions that you gave me but it didn't seem to work 😞

• Can you try Opera Beta and Opera Developer from https://www.opera.com/download to see how they behave?