Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera
  • I just want to say thanks to Opera developers for this version! Now I'm trying back to Opera after a long break. The features what I need in the first day of using:

1. How can I toggle dev tools? Ctrl+Shift+I works only once, F12 does not work 😞

2. I need switching between tabs without animation, because it divert my attention 🙂

Hope Linux version will develop and improve. Thank you again!

• Without animation? Oh, keyboard switching using Ctrl-Tab. You could enable single-key shortcuts and use 1 and 2 (as long as focus isn't in a text field of course).

• No other plugins (ony one, pepperflash) are found, Mozilla finds more
    • Tab switching is ugly slow
    • password can be inspected in password manager by hitting Show (no passwordpopup for authentication?)
    • glitches and artefacts of UI dropdowns

Not nice, slower than current chromium and firefox on Ubuntu 14.

• Too bad... Mine doesnt recognize pepper-flash-plugin ( originally from chromium ) from Arch. Does anyone have a solution please ?

• well its faster than Chromium firefox and any other browser

• f-j
    I believe I read the developers said it was intended for Ubuntu so that may be why it doesn't work properly in Arch and load "Pepper Flash". All I can say is it works well for me, and I'm happy with it. I have grown to like the new Opera.
    Michael

• Pepper-flash crashes on any page that requires flash and it doesn't see Flash 11.2

• Well all I can say is it seems to work fine for me on Ubuntu 14.04. In fact Opera 24 developer for Linux is working just fine also.
    Michael

• I tried editing the flash line in ~./.config/opera-developer/preferences to point to the Pepper-Flash I downloaded from the Ubuntu repositories, since Chrome's flash didn't work. But when I restarted Opera, it overwrote the changes, not unexpected behaviour, but I figured it was worth a shot.

• Enjoying using this till now! I was wondering anyone has tried opening vine videos, embed or not. They don't seem to play for me. Pepper flash is installed.

• Anything about the 32 bits version??

• @tlromulo not gonna happen