[Solved]Opera will not login to Weebly with correct user and password
jjdokes last edited by leocg
Yesterday I read that Opera works better with Weebly's HTML and CSS editor than FireFox or Chrome. I downloaded Opera, installed it, logged in to Weebly, and thought the people who recommended Opera were correct. Opera works better with Weebly's HTML/CSS editor.
Today, I turned on my computer to find I was logged out of Weebly in Opera (my recollection is Weebly does not log me out with other browsers). I tried to log back in and all I get is "Something went wrong. Please reload and try again."
My username and password are correct. I copied and pasted the password into FireFox (it worked), and into Chrome (it worked), and into Opera (it did not work).
I tried reloading the Weebly login page in Opera multiple times. Same error over and over. Thinking that Opera may have been changing the password somehow I used Opera's page inspector to find the code for the password div and changed the input type to "text" from "password", so I could see the password. The password was correct.
Is there a setting that could make Opera behave this way (I changed some settings yesterday after installing Opera)?
Any suggestions on workarounds will be appreciated.
burnout426 Volunteer last edited by
Try things in a private window. Can you log in there? If so, in a normal window, goto the URL
opera://settings/siteData, search for the domain in question and choose "remove all shown". Then, try again.
Any extensions installed in Opera? Did you turn on Opera's adblocker or turn on VPN?
opera://flags/#chromium-ua-compatibilityto see if it makes any difference.
burnout426 Volunteer last edited by burnout426
read that Opera works better with Weebly's HTML and CSS editor than FireFox or Chrome.
Since Opera and Chrome both use Chromium, Weebly should work exactly the same in them. The only reason you should get any difference if is the site is giving Opera something different based on Opera's user-agent string. Or, there might be a difference if the site uses some Google service (like voice to text) that Opera doesn't support. Or, it could be a difference between the versions of Chromium Opera and Chrome are using (as seen in
opera://about). Besides that though, there should be zero difference.