Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

web developer spacing in HTMLWordElements breaks webpage

• if you head to my heroku web app on opera browser you will see that if ( HTMLWordElements - not a real thing just to to indicate h1-6 p and a tags, ), if the innerText or TextContent includes a spaces, it ignores its calculated with and breaks the page as if its width was initalized by the display css property. This is an angular 7 app idk if the problem is the custom angular component elements have a bug and i just need a simple upgrade(npm give me problems on my server)

The bug happens if the textContent contains a space, it some how streches out of the body of the webpage and allows the user to scrooll to an empty overflow white space on the left. Hopefully I can find a utf-8 char that can act like a space so this problem goes away

• Link?

Can you make a minimal test case also?

• burnout426 I guess why the opera browser is struggling bad agile development. anyway to solve this use the utf-8 no break space Unicode char in you textContent  

• I still don't know what you mean. Can you modify the test case below to show what the issue is?

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
    <html>
        <head>
            <meta charset="utf-8">
            <title>Test</title>
            <style>
                p {
                    width: 150px;
                    border: 1px solid black
                }
            </style>
        </head>
        <body>
            <p>Before_&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;_After</p>
        </body>
    </html>

Does it have to be a raw, non-breaking space or does the same happen with the entity?