[12.16] Youtube not loading properly

• Hi, would anyone know what could help?

Opera version: 12.16 (1860) win32
    System: Win7 x64
    (two different computers in different areas, different ISPs, type of connection, but same OS, only Home Prem. vs Prof.)

Site: youtube.com
    Subpage: any
    Expected: on page load fully loaded, thumbnails loaded, comments loaded, all controls* working
    http://helloopera.noxart.cz/youtubeLoadBug/youtube_load_expected.png
    Actual: static page content and video is loaded, thumbnails not loaded, comments not loaded, no controls* working
    http://helloopera.noxart.cz/youtubeLoadBug/youtube_load_actual.png
    Console: only a notice about loading browser.js

* by controls I mean youtube's select boxes, buttons, tabs etc.

What I did:
    - clean reinstall of Opera
    - clearing out blocked content
    - full refresh, clean cache
    - unset custom CSS

! If I hit refresh, it works OK afterwards, but this means I have to load 90 % of pages twice, which is of course inconvenient (considering youtube is not the fastest of sites)

No change ... any ideas?

Thank you!

• I see you also have the scroll bar in an image.
    http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=1727022

• Yes, I solved that by adding #comments-view .content { overflow-x: visible !important; } into the custom CSS, but I disabled it in attempt to find a reason why's not Youtube loading properly for me

• As I do not have YT account I cannot "vote" anyway, but I still can watch video there and preview thumbnails are visible/clickable, comments readable also.

winXP-SP3, Opera v12.16b1860.

• Thanks for reply ... you don't have to mention it's working for you, I understand this issue is very rare and that it works fine for almost everyone (which also means chances for resolving it are pretty slim...)

• Originally posted by NoxArt:

Yes, I solved that by adding #comments-view .content { overflow-x: visible !important; } into the custom CSS, but I disabled it in attempt to find a reason why's not Youtube loading properly for me

thx. youtube has a lot of css code changed in the background.

chances for resolving it are pretty slim

Not really.

Look for your content blocking settings. Did you add anything to the "hosts" file (to block any third-party content)?

Yes, I solved that by adding #comments-view .content { overflow-x: visible !important; } into the custom CSS, but I disabled it in attempt to find a reason why's not Youtube loading properly for me

doesn't work anymore. new: #comments-view .comment (change .content to .comment).
    youtube change code from day to day... -.-'

• Originally posted by opera1215b1748:

Look for your content blocking settings. Did you add anything to the "hosts" file (to block any third-party content)?

Sorry for the delay, 've been away

Thanks for response!
    As for blocking:

Opera: no blocked items
    hosts:
    - yes, there were items for my localhost webdev and those added by Spybot SD
    - I removed all but 127.0.0.1 localhost, restarted* ... but no change

*) afaik you need to at least relog for hosts changes to take effect, right?

• I have the exact same problem...
    I'm using the 12.16 version

• I had similar problems, I went to Opera:Config then cache and where it says Document and Figure I set them to default, this solved all my problems with pages not loading properly, it's a bit weird as I've never change them.

• Originally posted by Lovell:

I had similar problems, I went to Opera:Config then cache and where it says Document and Figure I set them to default, this solved all my problems with pages not loading properly, it's a bit weird as I've never change them.

Thank you for response. I set it to default, restarted Opera ... but unfortunately no change :( at least it worked for you then

• Same problem for me since several months, it's really annoying. Many times a single reload also won't help, often it takes many attempts and patience to load a page like youtube properly. (Opera version 12.16, winXP)
    Opera on my Laptop doesn't have these problems at all (same version, but win 7)...

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.