Install Chrome Extensions
HemaBebo last edited by
@lshanegraham: Just got to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions and look for the extension u want than easily add it to Opera.
albertop last edited by
@AlexanderChacon ... but, what you mean with "not working"? What you see? What you tried? Have you got the extension successfully installed? If yes, do you see the icon appearing in toolbar? If yes, then have you tried to go to Chrome extension page ( https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions ) and to install some Chrome extension?
HamzaMohamed244 last edited by
@albertop OMG! It works! IT really works! I didn't read the instructions for the extension. Download it, go to the chrome web store and pick anything u like. It turns on!
Pls: I am a Windows 7 user, so this should work on any other device. And it only works for extensions.
pattyalfaro09 last edited by
me sale error y que no pasa el analisis de virus
siii last edited by
I am using Opera GX on windows 10 and when I am trying to install other chrome extensions install button in the extensions bar where I was redirected to just doesn't appear. "Install Chrome Extensions" is installed and turned on.
I tried searching for the extension I was trying to install in the extension manager (it is downloaded but not installed) and I can not find it.
lucasbr130 last edited by
My extension says he installed but doesn't work,I Think its because I restored my opera to
clean a virus
serina100 last edited by
when i install it and try to add the chrome extenion to opera i get .extention error "installation failed package is invalid 'crx_version number invalid"
niteshkumarpatel last edited by
It is not working.
HemaBebo last edited by
Well, idk then it works with me sometimes!
albertop last edited by albertop
as a help forum thumb rule, next time remember to specify at least:
- which OS you use (type and version)
- which Opera browser (name/type and version - there are many)
- which extension (name and version) you got that error on
- and what the steps you've done exactly to reach to that error.
That said, anyway, at least you provided the exact error message, that is fine .
Another thumb rule, is: "Google is your friend", that is, do search yourself!
Seems though, you've not tried to enter that error message into browser search bar and to press Enter... Ok, nope, I've done it for you.
The very first result for the error message search is that:
By reading this page (question, comments and answers), you could probably understand (at least) that:
- there are different version of the extension package format, for different Chrome browser versions
- so, downloading from an old browser version, it results always in an old package format
- and, that this downloaded extension in old format, is not compatible with the new browser version(s).
So, if you've got that message, the error means that (most probably!):
- you may have get that extension from a different browser than that where you tried to install it on, and it was not updated
- or else, that you happened to downloaded the extension just before to update (or auto-update) the Opera browser to latest version, and then you tried to install it after the update).
Case (1) sample instance: downloading the ext. from Chrome (probably old version?) and the installing on Opera (latest version probably ?).
Anyway, the problem should be like that.
[Note anyway, that the two browsers Opera and Chrome latest version, are not guaranteed to be always aligned to the same code base version, and this in turn can possibly make the ext. format temporarily incompatible among them].
Then, if your case is like (2) or any other variant of it, simply downloading the extension again from the updated Opera, and the problem should disappear.
If instead your problem is like case (1), the solutions that come to my mind are just two, and are both very simple:
- try again to get the same extension, from the same Chrome store web page address, but, downloading it right from the same Opera browser, where you want to install it (this solution will work every time);
- or else, update both the Google browser and Opera browser to latest version, before to try to download the extension again from Chrome, then try to install it on Opera (this, anyway, could not work, if for whatever reason Chrome and Opera are currently not in sync to the same code base version, and there is a leap of ext format).
I suggest absolutely the first solution, because it is always better practice (and more polite) to download from the same browser where you want to install, but probably also the second solution can work (no 100% warranty anyway, as above said).
Additional note: for security consideration, I also suggest you to keep the Chrome browser always updated, even if you don't use it, because leaving it old, could open your device to malware, when occasionally used for google drive, documents or other stuff like, or occasional browsing.
(If you instead are sure don't use it for anything, then there's no reason to keep it on board...)
vincentlouwage last edited by