Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera Mini 40.1 is released

• Dear All,

we'd like to inform you that a new version of Opera Mini for Android is out. New version is fully release on Google Play.

Here's what new:

• improvements to search suggestions
    • improvements for reader mode
    • daily top stories and news bar removed
    • various performance and stability fixes

Give it a go and, as always, let us know what you think!

• This version takes huge time (it needs more than 20 seconds) at startup if I have many Speed Dials. Previous 39.0 version was full ok to start (needs 5 seconds) with much many speed dials.
    (I've 35 speed dials in my Opera Mini)
    Whatever, another thing is that Opera Mini takes much time to load any video for streaming. When I click on any video to play from any website then Opera Mini's default media player comes up & loading..loading..loading.. & loading....
    after some minutes it can play the following video. (such as, Play Facebook video) And in this phase if I do rewind the video forward or backward it needs some more minutes to play again.
    Using Android 6.0
    Sometimes I use 3G & sometimes wifi connection. My internet is speedy. I've dedicated bandwidth 6mbps connection with low ping rate. Opera Mini is still sucks at web video streaming.
    And the Automatic mode/High mode seems unresponsive at first whenever I tried to connect any website. After entering any web address & then press enter. Opera Mini just do nothing at first like more than 5-7s. Then suddenly the loading animation of website is comes up & then that following website is loaded. (This problem happens only in Automatic or High mode)
    Whenever I tried to download any files in High mode; after pressing the download link nothing happens & all of a sudden "Connection Failed" pop up comes.
    But there has no problem in Extreme mode so far.
    Just take a view & fix all of these problems..

• I like the new version.
    It is more stable in connection with Android Pie

• It still does NOT block ads nor saves data, only a bit in Extreme mode. I am disappointed. I have image quality set to low, I don't watch videos at all. I only browse sites through Opera mini and my daily data usage is around 700 Mb. Insane!!

• @bpydzinski hey,I am an Indian user of opera mini. After this new update it takes too much time to start up. In High data saving mode,it takes a long time to open a page of any site. Please fox those bugs

• Startup takes much time, Video streaming too. These are the main problems..

• Hi All,

the ones of you that experience longer startup time. Does the same happen for you on Mini Beta 41?

• F**king hell.
    It's not fixed yet even on the 41.0 version.
    Still facing super slow startup.

• The Slow Startup problem (with lots of speed dial). It's not fixed yet on the Opera Mini 42.0 beta version.
    Moreover, facing slow video streaming problem. Whenever I tried to play any video from any website then Opera Mini's default media player comes up & it takes hell lot of times to play that followings video.

• It still does NOT save data NOR blocks ads! I am furious!!

• Longer startup problem yet not fixed on Opera Mini 42.0 stable version.

• Still no fix for the long startup problem.
    It's not even fixed on the 43.0 beta version. WTF is going on??