Can't install Opera 21 in Windows XP

• I want to download the latest version of Opera to my two Windows XP PC and laptop. But an error occurred in both computers as in this picture: http://oi62.tinypic.com/24qsi1e.jpg

I am 60% sure it is because both computers are Windows XP (installation was fine in any newer versions). Is this because Opera was no longer compatible with Windows XP? I know that Microsoft no longer support this version, but is there a solution to this or is this just the way Opera right now is with the browser based off the Chromium project? I still have Opera 12.17 on both computers and they work fine.

Thank you!

• You need to have at least the service pack 3(or was it 2) installed for it to work, but it is still compatible with it.

• XP SP3 and a processor with SSE2 support, which leaves out AMD before Athlon 64 and Intel before P4.

• In my case for first two times when I tried to download , it completes upto 99% and failed error. . .
    next time when it stopped, I go to download , clicked on show in folder , and i renamed that application name from .exeopdownload or something to .exe , and it worked.
    Give it a Try . . !

• XP SP3 and a processor with SSE2 support, which leaves out AMD before Athlon 64 and Intel before P4.

I do have XP SP3 on the first computer (not sure on the laptop). Maybe the problem is of my old processor.

I guess on these Windows XP computers I will stick with the old Opera then...

• You can check if your CPU supports SSE2 with the CPUZ software if you want to make sure that's the problem.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.