Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Is there hope for Opera? New (old) features long due...

• It's been long since Opera got new major features. VPN, Ad-Block, Reborn sidebar... since then it's been stale~

Dark theme was part of Reborn - as was Snap (screenshot).

What features Opera needs? Is Opera far behind other browsers?

One thing is for sure: Opera runs much more smoother than Chrome. FF announces that FF runs 30% faster & smoother than Chrome. It's not hard to believe. Though Opera runs towards that procent % faster than Chrome too.

What features you'd want to see in Opera? And why? Go further - be elaborate if you will.

What I'd want to hear and read is a bit of long term & short term roadmap of Opera development.
    Feature & functionality wise.

Tab stacking might be somewhere in the future (depends much of Chromium/consortium) - but surely some enhanced functionality & new feature hashment should be coming to Opera's way?

• New features? i request some features from Opera 43 but i did see not anything. opera needs "Reading Mode" for opera like Edge browser to choose Dark background for web pages. i like older bookmark manager without preview. but...