Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

Hello, in order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we have to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button in the upper-right corner of the page.
This is a one-time action. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Can't change default search engine

• I've searched through the Opera settings several times to find the option to change my default search engine, but it simply isn't there. Can you help?

• Goto the URL opera://settings/search. You'll see a drop-down there where you can choose a different default search engine. The list is limited to the default search engines listed under "Manage search engines". You can set a search engine you add as the default.

• @burnout426 said in Can't change default search engine:

opera://settings/search

Unfortunately:

1. You cannot remove engines that you dont use (i dont know why i have israeli wikipedia in there, but it seems very weird, as i dont know any letter in hebrew)
    2. your speed dial search will stay the same (i use duckduckgo as a default and have google in speed dial)
    3. your quick search (alt+space) search will also stay the same, so those features become useless if you dont want to use google

Im probably not the only one thinking that if i chose default search engine in one place i would like to use it in all the places. Quick search is a very good feature if it wasnt for that drawback.