Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

v21 how to questions

• To start, I should say that I didn't realize I was upgrading from the classic version and I'm not thrilled to have done so, mostly because of the changes to bookmarks. That being said, I would appreciate some help in figuring out how to do a couple of things.

• How can I rename speed dial items?
    • How can I edit the URLs of speed dial items?
    • How do I get items in speed dial folders to display as a list instead of icons?
    • How can I freeze the position of speed dial items so they don't move around when I add or delete items?

One final, non-speed dial related question:
    When I enter the address/search bar, the microphone on my keyboard disappears. Is it no longer possible to use voice search in the search bar?

Thanks!

• (You can't.)x4

How can I freeze the position of speed dial items so they don't move around when I add or delete items?
    When you add items they go to the bottom of the Speed Dial, so they won't move anything...

• Thanks for the reply. It's astonishing to me that they removed basic bookmark functionality and replaced it with nothing.

Back to Mobile Classic I go... Hopefully my bookmarks will still exist when I get there.

• As a point of info for future users, my bookmarks were gone when I reinstalled Classic. I tried installing Opera for Android again, but they had been deleted there too. All my bookmarks are now gone.

After 15 years as a loyal Opera user, I am now typing this from Chrome. I may switch to another browser, but I can't imagine coming back to Opera. There's very little that distinguishes it from other browsers these days, and losing basic functionality has just put me right off.

• Have you tried Opera link for your bookmarks?

• Have you tried Opera link for your bookmarks?
    Link isn't available in the newest version yet.