Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera 15+ and VMware website / no click-able links or forms

• Does anyone have issues with the VMware website and the "new" versions of Opera, mostly the post-12.x versions?

Pretty much all links, while they display correctly in the status bar with the URL - don't work. Clicking them results in no activity. The same behavior is observed with forms - clicking submit buttons doesn't do anything, and neither does hitting "enter" to "force" the form submission.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

Thanks in advance.

• Opera 18 is the latest final version of Opera Blink.

The VM Ware Site works fine for me, and also in my default browser, Opera 11.64.

• Ok, thanks for your reply Pesala

it prompted me to do a bit more digging. As it turns out, the culprit is the AdBlockPlus extension. I haven't figured out the specifics yet, but when it's enabled links on the site don't work. As soon as I turn it off things behave as normal.

When I have some time I will try and dig into exactly WHAT ABP is doing to make things break.

For now, consider the issue a non-issue and closed.

• Originally posted by Poleh:

As it turns out, the culprit is the AdBlockPlus extension.

I have lost count of the number of threads where I have seen that reply.

Long ago, when many were screaming for extensions I said that if something was worth having it should be native. Now we have extensions with all of the problems that brings — such is progress. 😞

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.