Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Opera won't open, even when trying different versions

• this is an issue that's been going on for ever a month at this point, and frankly I should've come to the forums sooner. Opera literally will not open, and if it does, it will stay open for a few hours at most before crashing again and refusing to open. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, including deleting appdata, but when I reinstalled it, it had the same issue. I tried installing the beta browser, but the same issue happened then, too

I have no idea how to fix this or why this i happening and this is really getting to me.

• Create another user account on Windows and test with that to see if it makes a difference.

Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration? Menu -> settings -> Browser (when "Show advanced options" is checked). That's if you can get Opera to start for a second.

Try Crystal Disk Info to make sure your hard drive isn't failing and corrupting Opera's files (or even some of Windows files) all the time.