Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

Hello, in order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we have to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button in the upper-right corner of the page.
This is a one-time action. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Opera among some web browsers causing MacBook Pro to crash after latest Sierra OS security update

• After installing the most recent security updates for the Sierra OS on a MacBook Pro, a few web browsers, including the Opera browser, began causing some tech issues.

Whenever I open the browser lines appear across some parts of the screen, the screen appears to split horizontally, and the screen freezes. Then it will flash to light-blue screen, with thin darker-blue lines running vertically across the screen.

The computer then re-starts, boots, shuts down, and has continued to do this up to about 10 times before finally booting again to my login screen.

I have gone through every troubleshooting measure, and have also updated my OS to High Sierra. And these issues still persist.

I am guessing it might be some compatibility issue, since this does not happen with the Safari browser.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced similar issues. I also wonder if Opera’s developers can look into this and fix the issue.

• Try with a clean profile:

• Opera Help > Crashes and issues.
      | - And rename the profile folder -.

Windows 10 (x64) | Creators Update
    Opera Stable · Beta · Developer

Opera Test profile | Opera Reset / Back up