Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

New Opera stable 53

• The Opera 53.0.2907.37 has been promoted to the stable channel ;-)

The change log, and the announcement.

"Today, we’re transitioning Opera 53 from the beta line to stable. This build revamps the appearance of tabs, and the address bar. Take a glance below to find out more.

Optimization of the tab’s display

Mac users find it difficult to locate and manage a particular tab, when many of them are open. We figured out a way to optimize this, and made your plentiful tabs’ favicons more visible. Let’s see how it changed:

To make it even more visible and easier to manage, clicking on a tab will expand it.

There is also some fresh, sharpened coloring done to the address bar."

The Chromium has been updated to version 66.0.3359.139.

☕   🖖   🍺

• hello, is there any way to revert to how extension is shown like in v52 stable or earlier?

I mean some extension I used should be running on background and force showing it on toolbar brings nothing but annoyance since I always see something greyed out

this is one of the aforementioned extension I used:
    https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/json-lite/

there's other as well like
    https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/extension-source-viewer/

this used to be not visible on all time but only on specific site or even hidden, but ever since the current update it just sitting there on address bar/toolbar, it's really annoying

If possible, bring possibility for user to choose whether we can revert to old way, like in an "advanced mode" or on experimental flags

thanks

• Hi @daryula, right click on the extension's button, and select "Hide from toolbar", or go to the Extensions page (Ctrl+Shift+E, or Command+Shift+E" on Mac), find the extension for which you want to disable its icon, and deselect the check-box on the left of "Hide from toolbar".

• @l33t4opera thanks for the tips, finally find how to hide since the extension page did not have that option 🙂

anyway seems like another user got same problem as mine:
    https://forums.opera.com/topic/26637/opera-53-has-added-unhideable-greyed-out-extensions-to-toolbar/

I really think the possibility for user to revert this configuration to be like older one is a good option 😉

• Since this upgrade I am not able to see a preview image when bookmarking (using the heart icon). I select the image but only ever see the url in the image preview.

Opera 53.0.2907.37 - Windows 7 64bit

• New update - Opera stable 53.0.2907.57 ;-)

"Today we’re serving you a Stable update. It contains mainly some small fixes for our new feature - Instant Search. We’ve also added some missing translations for Vietnamese."

The Chromium has been updated to version 66.0.3359.170.

☕   🖖   🍺

• The new opera version introduced issues with Registering U2F devices though.

• New update - Opera stable 53.0.2907.68 ;-)

"Today we’ve prepared for you a quick Stable update. @Harelt San Luis, we’re happy to say that we fixed the bug with black rectangles! 🎉

Also, we fixed the sidebar hint, covering the address bar on Windows."

☕   🖖   🍺