Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

turn on menubar

• Am using Opera 20, as well as some older versions that support SVG. In Opera 20 I just spent half an hour looking for how to turn on the menu bar. In the product itself, in the help files -- the only thing I saw said it should be available in the hidden menu (at left, under the big O) -- it wasn't. Then I realized that in order to ask a question I had to have an opera account. I did from years ago but had to change password. Then of course it doesn't let me change my username away from Poseur (which I truly doubt I ever chose for myself)

Anyhow is it possible to do this? I used to use Opera a lot more until they decided to begin moving backward with SVG. Now it is just for testing purposes.

[Thread closed as a duplicate of: Just updated, menu bar now missing?]

• There is no menu bar in Opera post version 12 I'm afraid.
    A lot of people (me included) regret that, but I'm afraid that's the way many software packages are now going.
    🙂

• I have the same problem that poseur has written it

• The menu is always on the left, instead of on the top or the side.

That's all folks. It's still a menu whatever you want to call it.

Alt + Letter still works to access it, e.g.

Alt + S = Settings, Alt + D = Downloads, etc., but it could be designed better. I want the option to design it myself to suit my needs, not what someone else thinks I need.

• That's not what I would call a traditional menu bar though, one that's always visible.
    I think that's what the OP was hoping to find!
    🙂