Browser not saving passwords.
jacoube last edited by
Steps to reproduce: Go to any page that requires you to log on with password, after typing in your information and proceeding, press the save button when the popup comes up.
Actual result: It says that it saves the password, but then after refreshing the page no longer says this. After checking the opera settings, it says there are no passwords saved, and when trying to access the website again, it does not have the password.
Expected result: It will save the password, and when I check in my opera settings/ try to access the website again, the passwords will be there.
OS: High Sierra Version 10.13
URL: Any website that requires you to log on.
Version of Opera: 48.0.2685.50
jpabello last edited by
I have the same problem with Opera 49.0.2725.39 on Mac OS X 10.13.1
Please fix asap. Thanks
zalex108 last edited by zalex108
You can try to create a new profile:
- Use OSync.
- Install "V7 Extensions Manager" - and export the extensions list, if any -.
- Go to Opera://Flags > "Enable import/export passwords" - if any - and export them from Opera Settings > Passwords.
- Go to OHelp > Find solutions - check out the profile folder path -.
- Enable "Show hidden files" - choose your prefered option 1- | 2- | 3- | 4- -
- Go to the profile path.
- Create a profile folder back up.
- Rename the profile folder.
- Launch Opera - It will start as a fresh install -.
- Go to a Login website and try the save a password steps.
If fixed - probably -:
- Configure this new profile - Sync, settings, import passwords, Addons... -
- Once ready, create a back up of the new and working profile.
- Test any workaround to fix the older profile - if you want - or delete it.
you can copy older profile files to the new profile, but keep in mind that some files may repeat the same problem - or create others -, so before play testing, create and safe a back up of the fixed profile -.
By the way,
keep in mind to create periodical profile back ups.
Windows 10 (x64) | Anniversary Update
Opera Stable · Beta · Developer
k-unker last edited by
I have the same problem. Opera is not saving passwords anymore. Passwords also are not syncing between devices. Opera Version:56.0.3051.102. MacOS Mojave 10.14.1 (18B75)