Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

Hello, in order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we have to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button in the upper-right corner of the page.
This is a one-time action. Sorry for any inconvenience!

opera 12.18: Embeded youtube videos only black space and comments won't load

• Yes, I am still using old opera and it is working pretty good for most sites. Some bank sites and such don't work or I get unsupported browser messages. Anyway,I think I erased a user javascript I used to have and now my embedded videos just show a black space and also the comments just spin and never load. Any advice?

• Is it using HTML5 on YouTube itself, or the Flash Player?
    🙂

• Hmm, this is weird. I am not sure if its html5 or flash because formerly I used to be able to click on settings or right click and get some clue something about flash or html5 player, Now there is no such thing. So I am not sure

• I use a css file to stop the YouTube subscriptions list on the left hand side showing, which slowed YouTube down horribly on Opera 12, but I don't use any specific user js that does anything related to YouTube. The YouTube Center extension is the only thing that I use.
    So what happens if you right click on a playing YouTube video?
    🙂

• Nothing happens when I right click nothing happens. Do you have the oex file for the youtube center? I was gonna try it long time ago but something went wrong and I gave up on the link I had

• The latest version of YouTube Center is here.
    Give it a try, but I don't know if it will solve your problem.
    It can no longer force the use of the Flash Player IIRC as YouTube removed that option.
    🙂