Sign in for Synchronisation fails in Opera 36

• I am using Opera 36.0 for Windows Vista 32-bit and cannot sign in to synchronise my bookmarks on this old laptop. I continuously receive the error: "Something went wrong. Synchronisation has stopped because of an error. Please sign in again."
    I do not have any problems on a newer laptop with Opera 46.0 for Windows 10 64-bit (WoW64)where all my bookmarks are. Please help!

• I have the same problem on an old laptop running on Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit. Every time I sign in to Synchronization, I get signed out automatically and the same error message pops out. I try singing in again and the same result repeats over and over again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Opera several times and it did not help. I have written Opera but I have not received any reply. I have filed a bug report using Opera's Report Bug Wizard, but I have not received any response.

[Mod edit: email address removed. Do not post any email address here except, maybe, your own at your own risk.]

• Having same problem with Windows XP.

• Sign in for Synchronisation fails in Opera 36 - I have Windows xp Service pack III Opera 36 Stable - please help

• same problem here, i'm thinking Opera is doing this on purpose to tell us it's time to switch to a new computer or upgrade our computer's OS if we still have Vista and XP.

i think what might be best is we buy new computers, but some of us can't afford to upgrade computers, let alone Windows versions right now

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.