Can't share or type in text boxes on Facebook

• I've been using Opera 46.0.2597.39 on Windows 10 for quite a while, and I've also been a Facebook user for several years. About an hour ago, I discovered that I could no longer type in the text boxes for any discussion threads. If I click in the box, I don't get a cursor, and if I try to type, no text appears. Additionally, I can no longer share any material on Facebook. If I click the Share link, I would normally get a white dialog box that allows me to choose the intended audience. When I click now, I see that dialog box for a fraction of a second, and then it disappears. Disabling extensions did not fix the problem.

In the past week, I noticed a similar but less serious version of the problem on two other sites. If I try to participate in a discussion thread on sfgate.com or mlb.com, I sometimes am unable to type. That problem always goes away on those site if I reload the page. However, reloading does not resolve the problem on Facebook, and that's where I spend quite a lot of my time these days.

I scan for viruses and malware frequently, so I don't believe that's an issue here. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.