New Opera beta 47
The Opera 47.0.2631.7 has been promoted to the beta channel
"Opera 47 is heading to its beta stage, after only two rounds as a developer build. Based on Chromium 60, this version comes with a variety visual, and functional fixes to help improve the overall user experience.
– Sometimes, the map was not visible on airbnb.com, if ad blocker was turned on. Now it’s fixed, and you can book your holiday.
– Language fixes.
– Visual fixes for some annoying glitches (you might not have spotted them, but we did).
– Video pop out received more tweaks.
– [macOS] Sidebar extensions have regained focus, and are working correctly again.
– [macOS] Full screen is not broken anymore, after auto-playing videos on YouTube.
– New check intervals for personal news: 3 and 6 hours.
– Bookmarks pop up sometimes contained “Finished” button, while “View in Bookmarks” was expected – fixed.
– Bookmarks manager didn’t allow to restore folder from the trash bin – fixed.
– [Windows] [Security] We added .scf to the risky file extensions list.
– ‘Blinking address’ issue is fixed (some of you complained about that).
– We extended the ‘Recently Closed’ tabs list limit to 32 from the original 10.
– The difficult-to-read white text seen on folders in dark theme, with no wallpaper on the Speed Dial has now been made readable.
– Windows 7 Aero users should no longer see occasional flashes of background images, when switching between Youtube videos.
– Improved color contrasts in light theme for better readability.
– There is a “copy”, when hovering over the currency converter to copy the value to your clipboard.
– The Chromium has been updated to version 60.0.3112.20.
– Dark favicons are now visible in dark theme. Try it yourself by visiting spotify.com."
New update - Opera beta 47.0.2631.13
"Hi, it's just a quick update on beta channel. Grab new packages, and let us know if you have any problems. Your feedback is always welcome."
– DNA-62273 Enable exporting bookmarks on Beta & Stable.
– The Chromium has been updated to version 60.0.3112.40.
I am not sure but I believe, that with this version something has broken with Messenger launched from the sidebar. It's just empty.
For messenger.com, disabling adblocker worked - whole site loaded and it works just fine. So adblocker is blocking something.
I added an exclusion [*.]messenger.com to the Adblocker list, but it does not seem to work for the sidebar app. When I log out from facebook, login page in Messenger sidebar is shown normally, but after login again - the blank page, like it does not load (or block) the content.
I believe, because I've updated the browser yesterday at night, and everything was working up to this point. Not sure if this is the browser's or Messenger's team fault though. Anyone knows about any workaround for that? I do not want to disable the adblocker totally, for rather obvious reason.
I have lot of issues when i'm trying to access to a website via its url. My browser had lot of crashes.
It seems that I have the same problem with Messenger too with one of my computer, but didn't with the other.. That's weird.
New update - Opera beta 47.0.2631.23
– DNA-61893 [Mac] Opera does not recover from a crash.
– DNA-62139 [Linux] Black stripes around windows when not using compositing WM.
– DNA-62402 Crash when going to opera:config or opera:themes in private window.
– The Chromium has been updated to version 60.0.3112.50.
Hope this is the right place for this. I offer the usual applies if I miss something from another post.
It is about the news portion of the browser.
So on the news part of the beta ---
I'm one of those who are sensitive to bandwidth: I do a lot of roaming and this can be expensive in foreign parts if one is not careful. I try not to use my personal bandwidth on phone or tablet and always use a free WiFi cafe for my daily dose of downloaded digital newspapers.
So my preference is to download things just the one time and then have an offline copy to come back to during the day. Otherwise, for me, the news feed would always be off except at home with my tame WiFi.
So from that perspective I'd like to be able to download news items for offline reading and disable any background activity from the news function. Naturally that would need a means to delete the download.
Also I note that the same control in settings turns off both news and notifications. Maybe this is a terminology thing about the meaning of notifications, but it would be good if those two commands could face separate controls.
I hope i goes stable soon!
New update - Opera beta 47.0.2631.34
"Today, we want to share with you the last Opera beta update, before we announce Opera 47 stable. We hope there are no serious bugs in here, and that it is in stable quality. Here are some highlights:
– Fixed ‘Resume’ button for interrupted downloads.
– The Chromium was updated to version 60.0.3112.78."