• This has been a problem for many according to the web but I've not seen an answer that works, I have everything set in order to save passwords etc but it simply doesn't work.

I have managed to save login data of some the forums I use by saving the cookies from the logged in pages,this is how I do it on Firefox, this however will not work with facebook & ebay which is really annoying a I log in & off multiple times during the day.
    Is there a fix for this because otherwise Opera is very fast compared to the latest Firefox which seems to be struggling to load pages

• I forgot to add that I've selected 'Offer to save passwords I enter on the web' but the 'offer' does not pop up as expected so this appears to be the problem

• Welcome to Opera's forums @Capnbirdseye!

Try disabling extensions and antivirus.
    Take a look at settings > passwords, any password?

• I have same problem on Mac.

I had only Amazon extension, disabling antivirus is not the solution. I do not have a single password saved. Browser never asks passwords to be saved.

• Welcome to Opera's forums @Tuukkak!

You should try disabling the AV and testing to save a password (and log in using it).
    If nothing changes, then, trying this.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.