Opera Reboot - Can't edit free text sidebar items such as tab group names and Notes

• I'm new to Opera and running the following version:

• Version: 45.0.2552.635
    • Update stream: Stable
    • System: Mac OS X 10.12.4 64-bit

I've installed some extensions that let me utilize the sidebar a little more.
    However whenever I try to enter text into a field that one of these extensions theoretically lets me edit I just get the error sound from my Mac.

For example:

• I have installed the popular V7 Notes extension but I can't edit any of the notes, nor the folder names for the notes. To be clear: I can create new notes just not change their contents.
    • I have also installed Vertical Tabs which supports grouping tabs, and although I can move tabs to a group I can't edit the name of the group.

Yes, my keyboard works (see the words in this post for evidence :) ).

• Me too

• Welcome to Opera's forums @Melvynadam and @Ambi72!

You should try reporting it into the extension site to notify the extension's author @Vux777.

The problem/solution could be into Opera or in a recent changes in the creation extensions code.

• @melvynadam @ambi72 @zalex108
    it's the bug in Opera on OS X ...
    I think all sidebar extensions are affected, users can't type anything in input fields
    Latest news from Opera devs is that they gonna release fix in the middle of next week

• @Vux777 You answered faster than I thought! :norris:
    :wizard: (No forum eMail notifications)

• @zalex108 your mentioning my nick triggered email notification :coffee:

but I didn't get for your last comment ... weird :(|)

• @zalex108 your mentioning my nick triggered email notification

I Forgot that option as an email notification! :rolleyes:

but I didn't get for your last comment ... weird

Oh! Latest comment was edited and added the nickname mention, probably was that. :zzz:

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.