Feature Request to improve Opera Mini's Downloading Feature
jackob11 last edited by
The current downloading system of Opera Mini isn't as good as our expectation. File Downloading feature has some bugs.
Has slow speed downloading problem. Opera Mini can't able to utilize the bandwidth properly for file downloading. Failed and Interrupted download happens too often. And Resume the download always don't work correctly. So, take a view of this problem & consider to add those features mentioned in here.
- Add "Multi Thread Connection" file downloading system. Though it can't able to speed up the speed given by the ISP but it can able to fully utilize the bandwidth for file downloading for better downloading experience. And I suggest to keep upto 3 multi thread connection.
- Add "Download Link Auto Refresh" feature to fix download Resume problem. It will automatically refresh & try to fetch the download link if the link was outdated.
- Fix downloading problem like 'Invalid Link', 'Download Failed', 'Access Denied' & 'Waiting for Connection' problem. Though the link & the connection was full ok.
- Boost up the algorithm which is used for file downloading. Such as (Buffer Size, Error Handling) and add 'Big Buffer Size' (the more the buffer the better) & 'Smart Error Handling' feature for more better downloading management.
- Add a feature that can rename the downloaded files after the download is complete.
- Upgrade and Improve the Opera Mini's built in poor download manager. So that we can get better speed & higher success rate.
- Upgrade Opera Mini's Server for better speed and better downloading management. And add "Download Optimization" feature & add some tweaks to the Opera Mini's server. Thus we can get better downloading speed.
- Remove Opera Mini's larger than 15MB sized file limitation for download.