Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera Mini is now crashing constantly on iOS 10.3.1

• As the title says, Opera Mini has a habit of crashing on iOS 10.3.1. I dont know what causes it, but it seems to happen if it's active for around 30 minutes.

This is on an iPhone 6S.

I had no issues with Opera Mini before the iOS update.

• I also have an iPhone 6s with 10.3.1 and mini (v14.0.0.104835). No crashes.

Have you deleted and reinstalled Mini?

-jk

• No, because I have no idea if mini would truly preserve my 1300+ bookmarks.

• Well, that's a lot of bookmarks...

I have no other ideas, so I'll leave it to more experienced users.

-jk

• As an avid fanfiction reader, I need the bookmarks to avoid the garbage that permeates the sites.

• Has OMini for iOS OSync?

I don't remember if the iCloud / iTunes bckp makes a back up of that file.

Despite I suppose you haven't, do you have your iPhone jailbroken? If so, probably navigate to the Opera system folder could be possible, then backup the bookmarks file too.

• I have Opera synced between my iPhone and Mac with no issues. Once my bookmarks are on my Mac/computer, I'm able to backup my bookmarks.

• I think I've determined two possible sources of the crashing, both related to the change to display margins in iOS 10.3:

1. The site I read Fanfiction at, Fanfiction.net, has added an animated advertisement on several of it's pages. This ad interferes with the app in several ways, one of them being any drop-down menus are immediately closed while the ad is playing.

2. As I stated earlier, iOS 10.3 changed the display margins for page views, which caused a significant number of apps to not function properly until they were updated.