Somehow my Opera dev 45 won't open magnet links in uTorrent.

• Somehow my Opera dev 45 won't open magnet links in uTorrent on Windows 7.

I Associated torrent files in uTorrent. (Options>Preferences>General).

I have tried un / reinstalling Opera and utorrent.

When I first tried to download a magnet link - a pop up asked if I wish to download - yes!
    Associate file with utorrent - yes!
    But then nothing???
    Click the magnet file again - just asks if I want to continue download???

Torrent and magnet links are associated with utorrent in both Firefox and V , and work perfectly!!!

I have tried editing in regedit.
    Not needed as "magnet" is associated with utorrent already!
    "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe" "%1" /SHELLASSOC

Closed Opera and - I have tried editing the "local state" file so it says:
    "magnet":false
    and removed that line so it asks me to launch application where I click "launch application"

Renamed both local state and preferences to xxxx.bak - and restarted Opera - tried again - nope? Still won't work???

I tried to add utorrent for magnet links in the content settings in Opera but I can't select it. Only malto is listed?

I tried setting the default program for torrent files in Windows 7 default programs settings, but I can't find utorrent in the list of available programs.

Am I missing something?

• This is a VERY good question, I too have had this issue. Unless there is indeed something we are both missing or are experiencing some sort of application bug I might feel like this was censorship of technology masquerading as a "security feature."

I would think a nice lightweight browser which excels in all so many areas would surely not make magnet handling by an outside application a feature that was completely out of reach of its users, and moreover if this truly is a THING, the lack of information within a quick surface check would make me feel like there is either a suppression of the search or a very real lack of concern surrounding this issue.

I really couldn't say, but if you have any info on correcting such browser behavior, please post your solution.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.