Opening pdf and word document within browser.

• It it possible to open downloads (word or pdf) without first saving them to desktop (or other location) Can you open pdf's in the browser? Everytime I click on a pdf, Opera asks me to save it to the desktop.

• In the Menu, select More Tools, and Enable Developers Tools

In the Developers Tools submenu, select plugins.

Enable a plugin for PDF files. I am not aware of a plugin for reading Word documents.

• OK thanks, but it only gives me the option for adobe reader; how do I add pdf xchange viewer (my pdf reader of choice).

• Nevermind, I figured it out. The reader automatically installs the plug-in. I re-installed pdf xchange reader, and the plug-in was added to Opera. Just make sure you check the box that allows the plug-in to be added to Opera, Chrome, and FireFox.

• This didn't work for me. I had to download and reinstall the program, then go in and change the settings listed above and now it works. I also had to shut down the browser first. Amazing. It doesn't ask if you want the plug-in, it doesn't go and get it for you.

If you're been a long time user you've probably done all these things, but man, if you're new to this you'd dump it in one or two days.

• I had to download and reinstall the program, then go in and change the settings listed above and now it works. I also had to shut down the browser first. Amazing. It doesn't ask if you want the plug-in, it doesn't go and get it for you.
    I'd like to know how you come to the conclusion that installing a third-party plug-in is the duty of the web browser and not yours...
    Pretty much the whole of the tech world would tell you the things work the other way.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.