Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Opera Mail - Default Mail Client for Windows 7.0

• I've been trying to figure out how to make it possible to select Opera mail as my default e-mail client instead of using Windows Live Mail or Microsoft Outlook

Going into default programs, I'm only presented with 2 above mentioned options as e-mail client, Opera Mail doesn't even show up

I understand, in order to have Opera Mail show up as an option, I have make changes in the Windows Registry?

i.e., under Computer / HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / Clients / Mail

Looking at the configuration (Windows Registry Editor) for Windows Live Mail , there's whole lot of items which need to be considered (Capabilities, InstallInfo, Protocols, shell), which I'm reluctant to do as it would just be trial-by-error for me, I have no knowledge about adding software registry.

Is there anybody who can share the configuration details needed to accomplish this (so I can actually see Opera mail as an option for default e-mail client)?

Also, if there's another way around this, I'm of course open for that too!!

I'm using the latest version of Opera Mail (downloaded from Opera website, 09/04/2014) and Windows 7 Pro (As a browswer Opera Next, if that helps)

• Download http://shadow2531.com/opera/wiki/How to Add Opera Mail to the Win7 8 Default Progams List - Mail Client ( M2 ) - Opera Wiki.mhtml and open it. That will tell you how. For any reg files that it points to, look for them in http://shadow2531.com/opera/wiki/