:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Refresh Style Sheet

• Hello all!

My developer Browser is Opera. He is smart and fast. Only problem I have:

What is the Shortcut to refresh the style-sheet? I don't want to remove all Browsing Data, each time changing my Style-Sheet.

Also the trick to add in your headers something like:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="../style/blog.css?d=2345" type="text/css" media="Screen" />

is not acceptable for me.

Thank you for your help and best wishes for the still New Year 2017

marek

• Sorry I forgot to add the trick, to avoid, that Opera caches the style sheet:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="../style/blog.css_?d=1234_" type="text/css" media="Screen" />

• ooops! Once again:

[link rel="stylesheet" href="../style/blog.css_?d=1234_" type="text/css" media="Screen" /]

Hope this time is working :-)

• Here's a work-around: Open the stylesheet directly in another tab. Refresh this tab, then refresh the tab with the page.

Opera REALLY ought to have a better way to deal with refreshing content, but that's all I've got for now. Otherwise it persistently caches the stylesheet and I can't see the results of my edits.

I'd be very interested to hear any better options for a force / hard refresh of css and images.

• Thank you premonitiondesign!

Great! This is a workaround. A bit cumbersome but working.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.