Slow scrolling with HiDPI

• I'm running Opera 40 on Linux with a HiDPI display, and scrolling is really slow.
    If I use --alt-high-dpi-setting=96 then scrolling is at normal speed, but everything is too small.

Screen resolution: 2880x1620

• I have the same issue on my new dell xps 13. I was happily using opera (both developer and stable) on my previous laptop, but after the upgrade scrolling is incredibly slow. I assume this has to do with the high-dpi screen.
    This is really a problem, I start to develop a protesting index finger already ;). Is there a way to adjust the scrolling speed somewhere? I was not able to find it in opera:config nor with google.

opera versions used: opera 40 stable and opera developer 42 (42.0.2372.0)
    screen res: 3200x1800

Any help is greatly appreciated (I've been using opera as my main browser for more than 10 years now, but this is so uncomfortable that I am almost tempted to switch to vivaldi or firefox which btw do not have this problem.

• What desktop to you use? On KDE4 there is a global "Mouse wheel scrolls by X lines" setting in System Settings > Input Devices > Mouse > Advanced. I also have a HiDPI screen and found increasing this from the default helped in all programs.

I don't see a similar setting in XFCE's mouse controls, though, and I'm don't have any other DEs installed to check.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.