Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Tabs detach too easily with Surface pen

• If I tap and hold a tab in Opera (version 39.0.2256.48 on Windows 10 Anniversary Update) to bring up the context menu, often the tab will detach from the tab bar. If I quickly notice this has happened I can try to drag it back to the tab bar, but it doesn't let me drop it back onto the bar nor does it show the up-arrow symbol to indicate where the tab would be dropped. Of course, if I don't notice it in time, the tab opens in a new window and I can then try dragging it back to the tab bar. This can be a pain, though, as I usually run Opera maximized.

Perhaps if Opera took a little longer checking for a long-press this wouldn't happen so often.