Very long extension moderation process
oktools last edited by
Hello. Why can’t my extension be published for more than 2 months? Users complain that it does not work (see the latest comments in the reviews). Other extensions at https://addons.opera.com/en/ are updated, and new ones appear every day. My extension has over 1 million downloads, good reviews. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefeh published a new version during the day. Why are there such delays in Opera? In the panel, the developer generally moderators do not respond.
brainierweb last edited by
Our moderation queue is integrated with the points system mentioned by @tprockow. We are in the process of fine-tuning its parameters to give priority to good or popular extensions, yours included. It should be much better now.
Sounds great. However, this is not very similar to reality. It doesn't really look like something has changed.
Since the update you posted on Aug 6, 2019 9:15:56 AM UTC none of the following has been accepted or rejected. All subsequent updates are just "Awaiting moderation".
Last update I posted on Aug 30, 2019 2:11:29 PM UTC
Play Shikimori Online v1.1.0 on Opera Developer: Published.
Play Shikimori Online v1.1.0 on Opera Next: Published
But not Opera Stable.
For Opera Stable comes the update of Aug 6, 2019 9:15:56 AM UTC — you posted. ️
jerrykrinock last edited by
@tnowak It seems to me that life would be much easier for everyone if Opera would simply close Opera Add-Ons and build support for the Chrome Web Store into Opera. Why not let a 800 billion dollar corporation with 98,000 employees do the moderation work and store maintenance for you - for free? It works for Vivaldi. It works for Brave. Without Opera Add-Ons, Opera staff could spend more time draining those bug queues – or taking longer weekends
brainierweb last edited by
@jerrykrinock In my opinion this is not a good idea. Would you let any other company decide which features would be available in your product and which would not? After all, if Google one day decides to change its policy and block all extensions that look or feel bad in one way or another, then Opera will lose all products.
It is not good to depend on another company.
In addition, the Opera has its own APIs and its own moderation policy. Here's an example:
SaveFrom.net helper - this extension was quietly added to the Opera Store but not allowed in the Chrome Store;
adsfactory-russia last edited by
@brainierweb until jerrykrinock answered, I will try to give you an answer. You may not have noticed, but over the past 3-4 years, the opera extensions have had the same problems, they have remained, nothing has changed. You ask, would I like another company to interfere in my affairs? if I can’t work correctly and my clients have problems from my “bad” work, yes, such a company should either close or cooperate with a company that can solve problems. If you indicate that google may block some extensions, so what? there will only be 3-5% of these, but the remaining 95% of normal extensions will work and update normally, do you understand this?
the Opera has its own APIs - Opera and Google chrome work on one engine, the extension for chrome works fine on opera
moderation policy - should not be a bureaucratic tool, it should work correctly, which, unfortunately, is not here
vkey last edited by
It has been a year since we submitted our extension for moderation process. We even submitted a zip since the reviewer asked for unobfuscated code. Since then i haven't received any response to any of the messages. Why is this taking so long for you guys?
arcus last edited by
Dear moderators, please check the extension package/239893/
Thank you very much, with respect!
vkey last edited by vkey
I submitted a new extension for opera and a moderator asked for unobfuscated code zipped. No response from moderator since after us sending in the unobfuscated code zip. Its been a year already since submission, why is it taking so long ?
Extension ID : ggmlnbehkjpdgoegolidnahigfhhelnj
Extension Name : Zoho Vault
crw1o1 last edited by
Hi, could you checked these extensions?
Extension 01 ID: kcaaapepfkoeldehddpnipbpcjnigbpk
Extension 02 ID: limojbjbciioojjjkambcnimemgelmeh
- Thank you.
oinkandstuff last edited by
Hi, is it possible to check this extension:
nmaier last edited by nmaier
DownThemAll! could do with a review too: jbnaedlikijnpehkfbcepmnbgkebohkm
So far it seems no version was ever been reviewed, and Opera users are now getting mad at me, as if this was my fault.
gitladen7 last edited by
Could you please check:
Package ID: 240981
cloud666 last edited by
https://addons.opera.com/developer/package/238037/ Not publicated!
For Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/бесконечные-скидки/clnmonhkmpaiompaeeodhapomabicbfg
For Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/бесконечные-скидки/
For other browsers - updated today.