:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Ad block not working on youtube videos

• On Opera v39.0 (39.0.2256.48) in Ubuntu and I am recently finding ads before every youtube video which cannot be skipped. The built in ad blocking is one of the reasons why I migrated to Opera from Chrome. If I'm going to need a plugin to block ads effectively would I stick with Opera? No! So please find a solution to effectively block ads.

• Not all ads can be blocked and ads‑blocker‑blocker evolves as ads‑blocker evolves.

That said, there is an ad‑free paying version of youtube: http://time.com/4081657/youtube-red-ad-free/

If you are not willing to pay anything, just be honest and forget about ad‑blocking, as ads is the price for not paying.

• I am currently using adblock plus in Opera. Opera has so many advantages over Chrome I could never go back. When the native ad blocking get where I want it, I'll ditch abp and go with the native blocker.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.