Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Where is the Bookmarks location on the Mac?

• Hi!
    I just built in a new SSD on my iMac and the migration from Time Machine is not working. So i have to get all the files manually to the new drive.

What i am looking for is: where can i get my old bookmarks back from the folder system? I am running the newest version of Opera (38.0.2220.31) and already imported 2 items form HD>username>library>preferences. The folder Opera Preferences (including a file called bookmarks) and the file "com.operasoftware.Opera.plist" but still, when i open Opera, i have no bookmarks inside ... 😞

Did i miss anything?

Many thanks for your help!!

• Copy/Overwrite the entire folder (browser profile):
    /Users/YOUR-USERNAME/Library/Application Support/com.operasoftware.Opera

short path (tilde at the beginning): ~/Library/Application Support/com.operasoftware.Opera

important:
    ~/Library folder is hidden by default in the Finder