Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

Hello, in order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we have to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button in the upper-right corner of the page.
This is a one-time action. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Opera launch short cut in Notepad++

• Okay so recently I downloaded Notepad++. And I recently switched to Opera and I'm enjoying the browser a bit more than Chrome. But you see in Notepad++ there's a command that automatically runs the code you typed in a web browser. There's a default short cut for Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari but no Opera short cut. So I added my own short cut that I made launch from Opera's Launcher.exe but when I press the custom Opera short cut I made it opens a new speed dial tab and not my .html file. This is very frustrating,

please send help.

• On Win10 64-bit, using the 64-bit version of Opera Developer, this works for me in Notepad++'s shortcuts.xml (in the roaming appdata folder).

<Command name="Launch in Opera" Ctrl="yes" Alt="yes" Shift="yes" Key="87">&quot;C:\Program Files\Opera Developer\launcher.exe&quot; &quot;$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)&quot;</Command>

Try that, adjusting the path for your launcher.exe

If it doesn't work, try editing an html file that's in a path with no space and then try the "Launch in Opera". If it works then, Notepad++ and or Opera has an issues with spaces in the path. That shouldn't be a problem though as quotes are used above.

• Thanks a bunch burnout426!
    So I copied your code into the shortcuts.xml file then got the install path from Operas About page (chrome://about). This told me where to find my launcher.exe, so I copied that path and made sure that launcher.exe was still in the code. I then saved the .xml file and tried out the command in Notepad and it worked! Thanks heaps

• Awesome!