:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

No longer running on Windows 10 laptop

• A most bizarre situation has arisen. On my desktop Opera continues to work perfectly, but won't run any more on my laptop. I have uninstalled and downloaded the latest version from opera.com, to no avail. Trying to start opera produces the usual window with an initial empty tab, but that sticks at 'loading'. I can enter a web address or search term in the first tab, but it remains as 'loading' indefinitely. I have run the compatibility wizard also with no effect. Windows 10 64 with auto updates enabled, laptop is an acer apsire 5736z with 3gb ram and intel T4500.

Any suggestions - having to use Chrome at the moment and its persistent nagging about developer mode is irritating in the extreme.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.