:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

How to stop links opening a new window when using Win 10 virtual desktops

• I've just started using Opera after several years on Chrome. I'm loving it, but there is one annoyance I can't find out how to solve. When I click on a link in my email client (Postbox) which is on a different Windows 10 virtual desktop to Opera, it opens a new Opera window to display the link. If I have Postbox and Opera on the same desktop it opens a new tab in the existing Opera window.

Chrome always opens a new tab for the link, whether it is running on the same or a different desktop.

Any ideas?

• For the information of anyone else with the same issue (= everybody using Windows 10 virtual desktops) I have solved the problem by using a third party virtual desktop app called Dexpot. Now I can have my email app on one desktop, Opera opened on another and if I click on a link in the email app it automatically goes to Opera on the other desktop and shows the link correctly in a new tab. Perfect :)

• After updating the browser on my Windows 10, the same problem.
    Opera is my preferred browser, but it's so annoying that I had to abandon it and move to Chrome.
    Developers return everything back!

If I click on the icon in the browser in a virtual desktop, I expect that there will be a new clean browser window, but instead it opens a new tab on another virtual desktop!!! What?
    Virtual desktops are needed to share the work on the problem, as I want on each virtual desktop its own set of links have been opened in the browser.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.